Hey everyone , hope you all are doing fine.
As we have come a long way from the start of the program, here I have compiled everything that I done till date regarding my project.
It has been rightly said that open source development is a continuous process and I for one have been learning a lot with the help of my mentor. Some of my learnings are :-
- Learnt more about the SDK provided by OpenWRT.
- Setting up of FTP servers
- Learnt more about Docker
- Explored K3d as well as K3s.
- Setting up local registries ………………………… and may more.
Current Status & Workaround
In order to get started with the project , you would be required to have some basic setup and configuration. For this one can run the following :-
> chmod +x ./setup.sh > ./setup.sh
This will configure k8s cluster and setup local registry . Then you can start your flask web server which looks like below :
Starting the project required understanding all the process that goes into successfully creating packages and targets from given files and configuration. In order to achieve that, the process I followed was :-
- Updating feeds.default.conf to locally stream its feeds from local folder
- Running the update and install script for local feed.
- Finally creating packages and targets by running make.
The run.sh script is invoked when the user provides with repo-url (contents of which are cloned and then mounted to local feeds folder on container of neelaksh1/custom-owrtppa )
At present manual run of the above process needs to be done on bash-shell of the running container.
After the packages and targets are generated, we can expose it to the outside world by running ftp server using neelaksh1/custom-ftp .
For that we can use htp.sh script which will be copying the generated bin/ folder and mounting it on the ftp container from the sdk container.
We can access ftp://localhost/ on our browser, which will look like below :-
The current project meets half of the promised work. It still is under development. Some of the stuff I would be working on in the upcoming days are :
- Improving Front-End
- Having provision for incremental builds, wherein the user can change his/her source multiple times for the same running container.
- Working on running the SDK scripts automatically without the need for running them manually on the bash-shell
- Creating deployment and services for the exposing final build packages and targets for the world.
The work is being updated on OpenWRT_PPA in the dev branch.