GSoC 2014: Hardware Detection

Hi everyone!

Before  starting coding I have been studying Lua programming language I read  some tutorials and I did some practical examples. After that, I went to  the Libre-Mesh architecture to understand better how it is done. When I  understood the programming pattern of LiMe I started coding.

First of all, I started creating a plug-in module for ath9k-htc based hardware. This module has been tested using a TP-LINK WDR3600 and two TL-WN722N USB radios. While working I have included an hotplug hook so the usb radios can be dynamically plugged and removed from the system while it’s running. 

After  having the usbradio module almost done I have been working creating a  modular hardware detection plug-in for Libre-Mesh. This hardware  detection module have been completed with clean and configure functions. During the development of this part I have discovered some bugs in the file config.lua and I have solved it.

Currently, after doing some cleaning and debugging both modules are almost finished.

Obviously  all this work have been possible thank to the help of the community and  I hope to do my best during the rest of the coding period.

I will be happy to receive feedback or tips

Best Regards 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.