Hi to community members!
In the phase 2 period, we set up an emulation environment in CORE, then we tested PRINCE with iperf client/server (https://github.com/pasquimp/prince/tree/iperf) in CORE. We built a simple three nodes topology (n1, n2, n3) where n1 is directly connected (in the wireless coverage) to n2 and n2 is directly connected to n3. n1 is connected to n3 through OLSR. The neighbor estimated throughput at IP level is of about 43 Mbps on a physical link of 54 Mbps (in the figure the throughput estimated from n2 towards n1).
We tested in CORE the initial version of the OONF plugin too (https://github.com/pasquimp/OONF/tree/neighbor-throughput). So, the plugin now is able to send a couple of probe packets towards each neighbor and is able to read the time of reception of packets. I’m now exploring a problem in the reception of the probe.
In the next weeks, we will perform other tests with PRINCE with iperf and with the OONF plugin to resolve the problems in the reception phase and then we will perform timestamp based throughput estimation in order to compare the results obtained with PRINCE with iperf and OONF with the plugin. We will update you in the coming weeks!